David Collins via plug on 1 May 2022 20:23:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Correct Horse Battery Staple

Most password managers will also allow you to make a plain-text backup of your password database. This can then be stored on offline external storage with proper physical security controls. Or, a better solution, stored on offline external storage with proper security controls in an encrypted format. I personally back mine up onto a VeraCrypt encrypted drive. Now if the password manager ever has an irrecoverable problem, I have a copy of all the data in a form that does not depend on the password manager.

---
David Collins
dave@cyberpunkjedi.com