Walt Mankowski via plug on 4 Aug 2022 18:03:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Phased updates in Ubuntu 22.04

On Fri, Aug 05, 2022 at 12:54:11AM +0000, Chad Waters wrote:
> So… naive question: could it be something the Linode mirrors are doing that
> is not related to Ubuntu?
>
> My Linode instance runs Debian and uses the Linode repositories as well. I
> never really questioned it. My updates come in a timely manner- I just figured
> they mirrored them to save bandwidth and I don’t get hit on my quota.

Good question, but no. I actually noticed it on my home Ubuntu server
first. I only used the Linode as an example because it still has some
held packages on it and my home server didn't.

Walt

P.S. Also -- your message looked really odd. It looked like sent it to
me and the list, but encrypted it so that I could only read the copy
you sent directly to my address. I'm guessing that a) nobody else
could read it, and b) you didn't intend to do that. As a result I'm
replying to the version I could read but sending it to the mailing
list.

My apologies if that's not what you intended.