Michael Lazin via plug on 10 Aug 2022 08:19:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] linux desktop

The city of Munich tried adapting Linux for the whole city and later they gave in and adopted Windows again.

I just googled it to make sure I remember correctly and it looks like they are going back to Linux.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/linux-not-windows-why-munich-is-shifting-back-from-microsoft-to-open-source-again/

As an aside oppressive regimes like North Korea and China have their own back doored versions of Linux for government use.

I think it will be more widely adopted because the latest version of Ubuntu supports active directory.

Thank you,

Michael Lazin

Businesses should dump Windows for the Linux desktop

https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/10/opinion_column_drop_windows_for_linux/

This is an opinion piece, but he makes good points

On another matter entirely, Patch Tuesday fixes 121 issues
Michael Lazin

.. τὸ γὰρ αὐτὸ νοεῖν ἐστίν τε καὶ εἶναι.