Keith C. Perry via plug on 10 Aug 2022 08:57:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] linux desktop

I usually cite what happened in Munich to people who like to say Linux can't or shouldn't be used in government.  They forget about DoD's rather large footprint  (but anything DoD related can often get into politics) so talking about Munch leaving and coming back to Linux seems to resonate.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 11:18:21 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] linux desktop

The city of Munich tried adapting Linux for the whole city and later they gave in and adopted Windows again.

I just googled it to make sure I remember correctly and it looks like they are going back to Linux.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/linux-not-windows-why-munich-is-shifting-back-from-microsoft-to-open-source-again/

As an aside oppressive regimes like North Korea and China have their own back doored versions of Linux for government use.

I think it will be more widely adopted because the latest version of Ubuntu supports active directory.

Thank you,

Michael Lazin

Businesses should dump Windows for the Linux desktop

https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/10/opinion_column_drop_windows_for_linux/

This is an opinion piece, but he makes good points

On another matter entirely, Patch Tuesday fixes 121 issues
Michael Lazin

.. τὸ γὰρ αὐτὸ νοεῖν ἐστίν τε καὶ εἶναι.