Steve Litt via plug on 23 Aug 2022 11:47:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] 8 yr old vuln, fd, air-gapped leak

On Tue, 2022-08-23 at 10:10 -0400, jeffv via plug wrote:
> ETHERLED: Air-gapped systems leak data via network card LEDs
>
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/etherled-air-gapped-systems-leak-data-via-network-card-leds/
>
> leverage a covert ultrasonic channel to leak sensitive information from
> isolated, air-gapped computers to a nearby smartphone that doesn't even
> require a microphone to pick up the sound waves.
> New Air-Gap Attack Uses MEMS Gyroscope Ultrasonic Covert Channel to Leak
> Data

Sounds like a job for electrical tape. This solution is already well known for
preventing laptop webcam spying.

> fd – A Simple and Fast Alternative to Find Command
>
> https://www.tecmint.com/fd-alternative-to-find-command/

Very, very nice. I installed and used fd and it was quick and easy. Note that on
Void Linux the package is simply called fd.

> Computers vs. TV: Which is less likely to promote dementia?
>
> https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/08/using-a-computer-may-be-a-somewhat-better-form-of-being-sedentary/

I'd imagine not all computer use is created equal. My suspicion would be that
writing computer programs would fend off dimensia more than arguing politics on
facebook.

SteveT