jeffv via plug on 16 Sep 2022 06:09:46 -0700

[PLUG] vnstat,Sidewalk, eBPF uses, tmux

vnStat – Monitor Network Bandwidth In Linux and BSD

https://ostechnix.com/vnstat-monitor-network-bandwidth-in-linux-and-bsd/

Chinese hackers create Linux version of the SideWalk Windows malware

computer.com/news/security/chinese-hackers-create-linux-version-of-the-sidewalk-windows-malware/
https://thehackernews.com/2022/09/sparklinggoblin-apt-hackers-using-new.html

while SideWalk Linux has been used against multiple targets in the past, their telemetry data shows that the variant they discovered was deployed against only one victim in February 2021, a university in Hong Kong.

Linux kernel's eBPF feature put to unexpected new uses

https://www.theregister.com/2022/09/14/linux_ebpf/

Several different teams presented tools that all use a part of the kernel originally intended to control packet filtering for new and totally different purposes. Google's ghOSt allows for adjusting process scheduling, while Red Hat's HID-BPF will make it easier to accommodate new input devices.

A beginner's guide to tmux

https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/introduction-tmux-linux

6 Best To-Do List Managers for Linux Command Line

https://www.linuxshelltips.com/command-line-to-do-list-managers/

How to Do Malware Analysis?

https://thehackernews.com/2022/09/how-to-do-malware-analysis.html

Dangerous! Remember to turn power off first, by climbing the power pole and randomly snipping wires.

Flo period tracker launches ‘Anonymous Mode’ to fight abortion privacy concerns / It disconnects user data from identifying information

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/14/23351957/flo-period-tracker-privacy-anonymous-mode

Call me stupid, and many of you do, but anonymizing data isn't necessary when data doesn't go any further than your phone. While I can't possibly think of a valid use of a period tracker (for me), I can't possibly think of a valid reason to send your data up the line. Rather than make this point, it chooses to anon. Reality shifts daily. Rarely does it shift in your direction.

this is NOT an abortion debate.