Syeed Ali via plug on 23 Sep 2022 10:50:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] free courses, systemd Win, hashquines

On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:26:29 -0400
jeffv via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Microsoft adds 'systemd' to the Windows Subsystem for Linux
>
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-adds-systemd-to-the-windows-subsystem-for-linux/

Coming up:  systemd adds Windows.  I can imagine a joke by Yakov
Smirnoff.

But seriously, this was a long time coming and should be a Good Thing
(ahem, in the short/mid term).

I just wish GUI functionality wasn't insane to get going.  It was easy
in Windows 10 and WSL 1 but I can't figure it out in Windows 11 and
WSL 2; it's something about the firewall that I'll deal with later.