JP Vossen via plug on 4 Oct 2022 17:35:47 -0700

[PLUG] Reg: You thought you bought software – all you bought was a lie

https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/04/you_cannot_buy_software/

I think this is a great article, though I don't 100% agree that all source code is useless and unreadable.  Otherwise, that's pretty much why I like open source software...the freedom.

One thing I think discussions like this always miss is the cost of acquiring and managing proprietary software licenses.  How much does $WORK spend just keeping track of proprietary software licenses?  Forget about the license itself, just the overhead?  I bet $WORK has paid for proprietary software licenses for programs to track and manage...wait for it...proprietary software licenses!  Circular insanity.

Later,
JP