Steve Litt via plug on 6 Nov 2022 07:50:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Box won't boot after RAID drive swap

Walt Mankowski via plug said on Sat, 5 Nov 2022 13:11:00 -0400

>Things I've tried:
>* Booting into recovery mode
>* Unplugging the new drive
>* Putting the old drive back
>
>None of these worked. I'm at a point now where the workstation is
>spontaneously powering off in the middle of the boot process.
>Sometimes it's on the BIOS screen, sometimes it gets a little
>further. Needless to say this makes figuring out what's wrong quite
>difficult.

Just for fun, one night before you go to bed, I suggest you run
memtest86. https://www.memtest86.com/

By ruling out bad RAM, you can justify more intrusive measures.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Summer 2022 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times