Rich Freeman via plug on 23 Nov 2022 10:37:01 -0800

Re: [PLUG] The 32 bit Challenge

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 10:10 AM jeffv via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 09:35:26 -0500
> Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> > If I were that desperate to just have a working laptop for short-term
> > use I'd go to Best Buy and get a Chromebook for $100 or whatever.
> >
> > Or more likely I'd use this as an excuse to get something long-term
> > usable for $500 or so.
> >
> Main laptop is waiting for svc.
> 2nd randomly seizes. No indication of fault.
>
> Just a (working) stopgap.

Yeah, that's annoying.  I had a monitor backlight fail under warranty.
What was annoying was that it cost something like $50 to ship out for
service, and I knew I'd be without a monitor for potentially weeks,
but at least a week or two.  The monitor was actually a decent one I
wasn't really in a rush to replace.

So of course I had to go buy a new shiny monitor, and now the repaired
one is my second monitor.  :)

--
Rich