LeRoy Cressy via plug on 23 Nov 2022 11:09:43 -0800

Re: [PLUG] The 32 bit Challenge

On 11/23/22 11:09, K.S. Bhaskar via plug wrote:
> I do indeed have such an old laptop (a 32-bit System76 Netbook). I
> installed Debian Bullseye on it a few months ago, after years of running
> Lubuntu). I haven't really pushed it since (I wanted a small lightweight
> thingy to carry around when troubleshooting home automation, but the
> battery won't hold a charge so it's not very useful), but everything I
> installed, ran as well as before. It was no speed demon to start with,
> but I did useful work with it back in the day.
>
> Regards
> – Bhaskar

Rita and I still have a working 386 running DRDOS with Geoworks.  No
ethernet and a 30M HD.  Geoworks was a great windowing system far above
anything M$ was offering.

Remember when the first Linux Kernel came out offering module support
with kernel 2.0 I think?

Those were the days my friend.  (Mary Hopkins 1968)

--
  Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy
  mailto:rev.cressy@prontonmail.com

   /\_/\
  ( o.o )
   > ^ <

Cell Phone: 267-668-9686

GnuPG Fingerprint:
D234 65D6 2822 211B F82F  A6CA B332 4CC8 ACBF D200

You can find me on the following:

Telegram:
     (My Main Channel)
	https://t.me/RevLeRoy