jeffv via plug on 5 Dec 2022 11:54:16 -0800

[PLUG] LXDE

I installed LXDE to see if I could get along with it and if it was
significantly lighter than XFCE. It's not scientific, but LXDE's memory
indicator was around 56%, where XFCE's started around there, and grew
and became unusable after a while.

LXDE was more usable than I thought. Except for the apps crashing.
Claws and Pale Moon crashed a lot. Aside from that small issue, it was
humming along.

Lost too much data. Logs not helpful. Back to XFCE.

I swear, by all the things people swear by, that after the main laptop
gets fixed, I will have a slightly less capable backup machine, waiting
for the next failure.