LeRoy Cressy via plug on 5 Dec 2022 12:04:00 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Tshooting

On 12/4/22 21:00, Steve Litt via plug wrote:

> So, given the many anecdotes of nVidia video cards causing intermittent
> freezes and spontaneous reboots, I wouldn't buy a laptop with an nVidia
> video card. Believe me, I tried with many combinations of free and
> proprietary drivers, and the best I could get was a computer that
> didn't freeze or reboot, but had video artifacts making reading small
> text almost impossible.
>
> SteveT

For me the only purpose of a laptop is something to carry around to a
PLUG meeting or to church to give a presentation.  For everyday use I
will stick with my full tower case with my 27" 2560x1440 curved monitor.
Sure it's big and heavy, with btrfs drives mounted as a single device
for my videos.  For creating slides, graphics, and to create 1080P
videos, this is what I need.  If I go somewhere and do a presentation,
the finished product will be on my old laptop.

An AMD GPU is tops for Linux with no worry about the NVIDIA shenanigans.

--
  Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy
  mailto:rev.cressy@prontonmail.com

   /\_/\
  ( o.o )
   > ^ <

Cell Phone: 267-668-9686

GnuPG Fingerprint:
D234 65D6 2822 211B F82F  A6CA B332 4CC8 ACBF D200

You can find me on the following:

Telegram:
     (My Main Channel)
	https://t.me/RevLeRoy