Walt Mankowski via plug on 4 Dec 2022 16:54:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Tshooting

On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 04:01:40PM -0500, Steve Litt via plug wrote:
> Steve Litt via plug said on Sat, 3 Dec 2022 21:27:08 -0500
>
> >Walt Mankowski via plug said on Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:53:27 -0500
> >
> >>While I don't know what the solution to Jeff's problem is, he said
> >>he's running a laptop so swapping out the GPU it probably not
> >>possible.
> >
> >If worst comes to worst I'm thinking something like the following:
> >
> >https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/xconnect
>
> Oh never mind. The preceding device is five times heavier than a light
> laptop.
>
> There are plenty of other external video cards, but I have no idea how
> Linux compatible they are.

I just watched the video. It sounds like you also need a laptop that
supports thunderbolt. Does Linux even support thunderbolt?

I'm also not really seeing the logic of pairing a thin, portable 2.5
lb laptop with a big, honking 350 watt GPU enclosure, but I guess
gamers gotta game.

Walt