Walt Mankowski via plug on 1 Jun 2024 06:51:38 -0700

[PLUG] June talk proposal -- Perl One-Liners

Hi everyone,

The annual Perl and Raku Conference (formerly known as YAPC) is coming
up the end of June in Las Vegas. I'm going to be giving a talk about
Perl One-Liners. I've given this talk before, both at the conference
and at PLUG, but it's been a while and I'd like a chance to practice
it before the conference.

I'll probably tweak the talk a little, but it will be essentially the
same talk I've done at PLUG before. On the other hand, it looks like
the last time I gave it at PLUG was way back in 2010, so maybe folks
could use a refresher(*)?

As usual we've got 2 PLUG meetings this month -- Central on Wednesday,
June 5 and North on Tuesday, June 11. Both will be on Jitsi, and both
slots are currently open. (Along with the rest of our upcoming
schedule.) Does anyone have a strong preference for one day or the
other?

Walt

* I chatted with some of the organizers at last year's conference, and
  their thinking was that it would be good to have a core set of intro
  talks at every conference to encourage newcomers. That might not be
  a bad idea for PLUG, too!