Michael C. Toren on Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:23:05 -0500

Re: [tcptra-dev] libnet 1.1.0 / autoconf support?

> It would appear that tcptraceroute hasn't been ported to libnet 1.1.0.
> Is anyone working on this?

Jon Boone <ipmonger@delamancha.org> and others have written libnet-1.1.0
patches, I just haven't had the time to apply and test them.  It's something
I hope to do by the end of March.  If possible, I'd like to incorporate them
such that both libnet-1.0.0 and libnet-1.1.0 are supported.  Eventually, it
it would be nice if tcptraceroute could make use of other packet generation
libraries, such as libdnet, if libnet isn't available.

> When I was building tcptraceroute locally, I replaced its simple
> Makefile with autoconf/automake.  If anyone wants the changes, let me
> know.

I've received a couple autoconf patches, but I haven't incorporated them
yet, either.  I'd be interested in seeing yours as well, though.

Thanks,
-mct