Brian Hawkins on 22 Oct 2005 11:59:17 -0000

Re: [tcptra-dev] Where to get libnet?

I'm intending on using tcptraceroute to do some mapping of the internet for a class I'm taking and I don't want my activity to be seen as an attack on a server. There are a few known SYN attacks were the attacker tries to fill up the servers connections, but if what you say is true and the computer running tcptraceroute sends back an RST this should not be a problem.

Brian