John A. Simkiss III on Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:02:39 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Two video cards

I have a zillion IBM 3151s that I can let go for a song (like 30 bucks) if
you want to pick them up.  They have antique Hazeltine 1500 Enhanced
(similar to 1520) emulation cards with them that you can keep or trash at
your option.  Call me at 610-727-5387 to arrange pickup...

jas3

----- Original Message -----
From: Tracy Nelson <tnelson@fast.net>
To: <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Plug] Two video cards

adam wrote:
> so, I have heard that XFree86 v4 will support multiple video cards.
> What I'd like to do though, is just get a console going
> on one of my cards, so I could have
> X on one monitor, and the console on the other.
> does anyone have an idea of how this could be done?

You might want to scrounge up an old dumb terminal and hang that off of
a serial port.  Someone has promised me an old ADM-3A, and that's what I
intend to do with it.  Not sure how easy it would be to find one, though
-- maybe try that outfit in K of P that refurbishes old PCs for charity,
they might get the odd bit of hardware, and I'm sure they'd be happy to
turn it over for a small donation.