Noah Silva on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:15:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Wireless/ Co-op?

I am in the same situation.  A while back I wanted one for one of my
Macs, and the u.penn bookstore wanted $80.00 for one.  This other place,
"Chips and cables" wanted even more.  After my laughter subsided, I
found a lot of like 10 new Asante "Friendlynet" AAUI adaptors, and won
the lot for like $25.00.  (Why is the computer situation in philly so
pathetic, btw?).  I sold my Centris though, and my PB550 stopped working
(which really sucks, considering I went through a lot of effort to find
a bigger 2.5" SCSI HDD, they aren't easy to come by, nor cheap).  My AUI
adaptors are likewise attached to sparcs.  I am pretty sure AAUI and AUI
are the same except for the connector, but I havn't tried to force an
AAUI onto an AUI machine.

I have a powermac of some sort or another that also uses AAUI, but it is
in doorstop mode atm.  If anyone wants an AAUI adaptor, let me know ;)

btw - which model sparcs do you have?

 -- noah silva