Steve Litt on 17 Sep 2016 11:11:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Top-posting (was: Replacement mailing list idea)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 14:48:35 -0400
Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 11:56 AM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> >
> > Wait, what?  You mean the shitty *Windows* software that mostly
> > started this mess?  Even if you are stuck using that crap (and I am
> > at $WORK), that's not excuse not to use better tools and do it
> > right when not at work, and *especially* on a Linux list!
> >

> Well, to be fair GMail also has this problem, not that it makes
> bottom-posting impossible as evidenced by this reply.  That said, I
> have heard that Gmail makes a mess of the reference headers, which is
> bad.

I use a gmail address for a couple of my mailing list subscriptions,
and I'm perfectly able to bottom post, via my Claws-Mail email client.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28