Walt Mankowski via plug on 21 Jan 2023 07:17:13 -0800

[PLUG] Apple open sources the source code for the Lisa

The Apple Lisa turned 40 this week, and to celebrate Apple released
the source code. It's in Pascal! If you want to download it,
instructions are in this Arstechnica article:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/01/pioneering-apple-lisa-goes-open-source-thanks-to-computer-history-museum/

I used Lisas a few times as an undergrad in a Wharton computer
lab. It's where I first learned what a spreadsheet was, using an early
version of Lotus 123.

There's more history of the Lisa in another Arstechnica article here:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/01/revisiting-apples-ill-fated-lisa-computer-40-years-on/

Walt