Steve Litt via plug on 21 Jan 2023 09:45:30 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Assessing interest in potential PLUG topics

Syeed Ali via plug said on Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:24:04 -0800

>On Tue, 17 Jan 2023 13:49:11 -0500
>Rich Freeman via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Most of these would be from the perspective of somebody who has just
>> gone through learning something from the first time, so I'd try to
>> talk about lessons learned, tips for deciphering concepts in
>> documentation, etc.
>
>It's meta, but if you have a learning process that you've either
>re-used or adjusted for each topic, I'd be curious about that.
>
>For example, when I myself learn I create tutorials to help me "teach
>myself".

Disclaimer: I derive income from what I'm about to suggest...

When learning Tech, pretty much any Tech, I use the Rapid Learning
process, as described in my book "Rapid Learning for the 21st Century".
See http://troubleshooters.com/bookstore/rl21.htm .

As far as where I store what I've learned, when I learn a new piece of
technical knowledge, I put it on Troubleshooters.Com, for my further
reference as well as that of others.

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt