Ron Mansolino via plug on 17 Apr 2023 15:44:18 -0700

[PLUG] VNF/eBPF apps

I'm trying to figure out the requirements for building/deploying VNF/eBPF apps.

Deploying them to appliances usually implies vendor management/orchestration.
What about ordinary *ix distribution/installations?
Can you just write something (eg. monitor/filter) and insert it between the ethernet driver and the rest of the kernel?
(and then how would you install it to specified targets?)
Would a WAF work like this? (How can I keep Apache from seeing and logging obvious bogosity?)
My iptables is unwieldy and I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way to monitor/manage what comes in.