Ronald P Guilmet via plug on 30 May 2023 15:49:33 -0700

[PLUG] zsh: command not found:

I've been having issues with my MacBook Pro executing scripts without having the absolute path.

1. The path /home/ron/bin has been added to the .zshrc, and can be verified by echoing the $PATH variable.
2. The script is executable u+x myfile. Even tried 755
3. The file is a bash script with the proper shebang path to /bin/bash, and the bash location is verified by 'which bash'.

I can only execute with ./home/ron/bin/myfile
I thought it might have been a zsh thing, but even going to 'exec bash', I have the same issue 'bash: command not found: myfile'.

The only way to execute the file, is to give the absolute path. It's not really a big deal, just trying to figure it out.

The other Mac oddity is why I am a part of a staff group, and not like Linux where I'm ron:ron for a home directory.

--

Ron Guilmet