Syeed Ali via plug on 1 Jun 2023 13:00:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Back Up Medium - Only 1 is 100% Reliable in 20 Years

On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:20:42 -0400
Matt Berlin via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> These discussions always make me think of
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_storage

There are an actual paper storage formats which I was thinking about
during this discussion.  I think I already knew about optar but I did a
little poking around for others:

http://ronja.twibright.com/optar/
https://www.monperrus.net/martin/store-data-paper
https://github.com/colorsafe/colorsafe/
https://jabcode.org/

http://ollydbg.de/Paperbak/index.html (Windows)

I do like using paper as a thought experiment, but nothing beats
electrons for data density.

If Tesla were still around, I'm sure we'd be storing our data in the
literal cloud. :)