Walt Mankowski via plug on 11 Jun 2023 12:38:53 -0700

[PLUG] Inside a Radio Room on Battleship NJ

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but it's too cool of a video not to
share. And hey, there's a lot of crossover between the open source and
ham communities, right?

Basically what's going on here is that every year, to promote museum
ships like the New Jersey, local hams radio volunteers set up shop in
the radio rooms of the ships. Then there's a contest for other hams to
make contact with as many ships as possible.

I wish we got to see more of the old electronics, but there is a nice
shot of a vintage teletype machine that Jeff (the main person
interviewed in the video) is restoring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12fKZM1cNtY

Walt