Rich Mingin (PLUG) via plug on 4 Jul 2023 09:02:35 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Proxmox + iSCSI?

I don't have iSCSI setup, and am not currently using Proxmox, but have
before, and do use NFS pretty extensively back and forth between a
couple of my servers. Proxmox (last I was running it)
saw/mounted/accessed NFS just fine, and it wasn't very hard to set up.

So final score:
iSCSI troubleshooting: 0
Vouching for NFS: 1
Proxmox works with NFS: 1

The only "gotcha" with Proxmox and NFS was actually addressing a
pervasive but low intensity pain point with my existing setups:
Proxmox wanted a certain user/group on "its" storage, and my NFS
mounts were munging it (UID on machine 1 wasn't the same as the UID on
machine 2, etc), so I ended up setting up NFS UID/GID translation and
getting it all dialled in for the relevant users/groups, and it's made
a lot of the other stuff I do on those machines less painful as well.

I believe the above does not apply if you are using LDAP/AD/etc for
widespread UID/GID/auth handling. That's on my to-do for another
summer.