Rich Freeman via plug on 11 Sep 2023 07:51:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Sep 12 - PLUG North - "k8s/2 = k3s" by Rich Freeman and Will Christensen (7pm at CoreDial)

On Sun, Sep 10, 2023 at 9:39 PM Walt Mankowski via plug-announce via
plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> This month, PLUG welcomes back Rich Freeman and Will Christensen, who
> will be giving a talk on Kubernetes and k3s, which they've entitled
> "k8s/2 = k3s".

A little more detail for those on the fence (apologies to Walt as I
should have gotten this to him last week)...

I'm relatively new to k8s and wanted to give an overview of k8s from a
new-ish perspective.  There are a bunch of k8s-related topics I'd be
interested in presenting on, but I realized we've never had a general
intro to k8s at PLUG (at least not a formally scheduled one).  The
first half of this presentation is intended to be the talk that I
would have wanted before I took the plunge last year.  It will assume
you have some general idea of what containers are, but that's about
it.  By the end you should have a sense of whether it is for you, but
we won't do any deep dives on actually using it.

I'll let Will speak for himself, but k3s is an implementation of k8s
designed for small systems (Pis and such), though it is certainly not
limited to those.

--
Rich