Walt Mankowski via plug on 11 Sep 2023 07:59:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Sep 12 - PLUG North - "k8s/2 = k3s" by Rich Freeman and Will Christensen (7pm at CoreDial)

As for why it's called k3s, here's what https://docs.k3s.io has to say:

> We wanted an installation of Kubernetes that was half the size in
> terms of memory footprint. Kubernetes is a 10-letter word stylized as
> K8s. So something half as big as Kubernetes would be a 5-letter word
> stylized as K3s. There is no long form of K3s and no official
> pronunciation.

Personally I always thought that a smaller version of kubernetes
should be named "kayaks" and abbreviated "k4s", but that's just me...

Walt