Steve Litt via plug on 10 Dec 2023 05:45:23 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Old Raspberry Pi Max Input Supply Voltage

As far as I know, if the Pi doesn't draw much current, you can use a
TO220 package 7805 to regulate to 5 volts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/78xx

I think you'd need to use a higher input voltage to the 7805 than 7
volts. Probably 8 volts. You should probably mount the 7805 to a small
heat sink.

SteveT

Rich Mingin \(PLUG\) via plug said on Sat, 9 Dec 2023 17:40:20 -0500