H Mottaleb via plug on 21 Mar 2024 07:29:46 -0700

[PLUG] WiFi issues on Ubuntu after installing Nordvpn

Hello!

I have a situation started with losing wi-Fi connection intermittently after I installed Nord VPN on my Ubuntu system about a month ago. Since yesterday it has gotten worse now the system is also locking up when I run some commands like ifconfig or even just a system shutdown. I have to manually turn off the system by pressing on the power button.

Once the laptop turns back on, it all functions properly (at least for a few minutes as that’s all I have tried) until I login to Nord VPN.

I updated Ubuntu this morning and tried a different server as well for NordVPN, but that hasn’t helped.

I’m not running any hefty programs on this machine. Just accessing the Internet. I have a Dell precision M6800 with 16 GB of ram.

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me what to do next.

Best,
Humera