edack on 29 Nov 2005 13:51:03 -0000

Re: Open Office vs. ms word

Well, I use OO 2.0 on .doc files with tables, font changes and other formatting. I test with actual printing ince for both, what you see is not always what you get. We use OO exclusivly and only have a copy of MS Word for one of my daughters BLOG Sites. She won't let me in, I respect her privacy and trust her, so I can't see what her complaint about OO is for this function.

For the record I have OO installed on W2K, XP, 98, and FC3. We use Samba for a central file share as well as private directories, network printing (Intel Netport) and have wireless as well as wired LAN. Internet access is through an SDSL link with a local DHCP server, local DNS, http and mail servers.

You have to cut the strings and make OO your pimary WP app. Save as .doc and let the chips fall where they may. The penguin knows MS themselves have created problems between Word versions.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned

---
Ed Ackerman                    |  It is impossible to make anything
#include <std.disclaimer>      |  foolproof, since fools are
edack@kengel.com               |  so ingenious.