Thomas A. Lowery on 29 Nov 2005 14:57:33 -0000

Re: Open Office vs. ms word

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 08:36:55AM -0500, edack@kengel.com wrote:

> You have to cut the strings and make OO your pimary WP app. Save as .doc
> and let the chips fall where they may. The penguin knows MS themselves
> have created problems between Word versions.

While I agree with you for my home machines (which are also a mixture of Linux
and non-Linux machines), corporate standard is still ms word.  Format and
presentation are important.  I'll have a go at my document using OOo 2.0
to see if it makes a difference.

Tom