Re: Raspberry Pi Jam next Sunday March 4th

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 9:44 PM, tom r lopes <tomrlopes@gmail.com> wrote:

But I think we have enough interest here to have a DIY event.

Thanks for the follow-thru!
I'm keenly interested as well.

Let's make this PI only!  Only one non-Arm cpu allowed per person
(used for web research and writing sd cards).

That makes sense, and IMO such a non-ARM CPU device would also allow participants to download RPi distro-images as needed -- assuming a good Internet WiFi connection (?)

I have 5 to 7  PI's and
maybe 3 or 4 small screens
3 or 4 keyboards
3 or 4 mice
4 or 5 sd cards (older PI uses full size and newer micro)
3 or 4 cameras
A lot of leds
couple of breadboards
Some sensor kits but I think most are analog -- I could bring an
Arduino or two if there is interest in working with the sensors.

I've got 3-4 RPi3's with several 32gb microSD cards to bring along together with a pair of microUSB chargers.
(No to someone who already managed to ask me offline about the RPi3's and uSD cards; am not selling nor giving/loaning any of these devices+components away for so-called "temporary" use outside of the DIY event!!)

Also would bring along other RPi peripherals.

Same time and place.
Thomas

Would that be next Sunday, March 4th, 12Noon to 3PM+ at 85C ??

-Aaron