Re: Raspberry Pi Jam next Sunday March 4th

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 8:44 AM, ace36 <acohen36@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 9:44 PM, tom r lopes <tomrlopes@gmail.com> wrote:

But I think we have enough interest here to have a DIY event.

Thanks for the follow-thru!
I'm keenly interested as well.

Let's make this PI only!  Only one non-Arm cpu allowed per person
(used for web research and writing sd cards).

That makes sense, and IMO such a non-ARM CPU device would also allow participants to download RPi distro-images as needed -- assuming a good Internet WiFi connection (?)

I have 5 to 7  PI's and
maybe 3 or 4 small screens
3 or 4 keyboards
3 or 4 mice
4 or 5 sd cards (older PI uses full size and newer micro)
3 or 4 cameras
A lot of leds
couple of breadboards
Some sensor kits but I think most are analog -- I could bring an
Arduino or two if there is interest in working with the sensors.

I've got 3-4 RPi3's with several 32gb microSD cards to bring along together with a pair of microUSB chargers.
(No to someone who already managed to ask me offline about the RPi3's and uSD cards; am not selling nor giving/loaning any of these devices+components away for so-called "temporary" use outside of the DIY event!!)

Also would bring along other RPi peripherals.

Same time and place.
Thomas

Would that be next Sunday, March 4th, 12Noon to 3PM+ at 85C ??

Yes

And thanks for reminding me about power supplies.  I'll order some extra micro usb cables

Thomas

P.S.  Anyone should feel free to stop by even you don't have a PI and just want some "hands on time"

PPS  It would be good if someone could bring an hdmi monitor.

-Aaron