Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2019-02-10

I wrote:

> As to the ARM-family CPU:  I see mention of Cortex-A72 and Cortex-A53,
> inside a Rockchip RK3399 SoC (System on Chip).
> http://rockchip.wikidot.com/rk3399
[...]
> One thing to bear in mind is that _all_ ARM systems so far are
> special-snowflake hardware, in the sense that, e.g., every single ARM
> system requires a special kernel constructed using out-of-tree
> patchsets.  Standard kernel.org code doesn't run on them.

ust so I don't misinform:  I've double-checked, and the situation
appears to be better than it was a few years ago when I last checked
this stuff, e.g, if you check int the
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/
subtrees 'arm' and 'arm64', you now find support for many 32-bit and
64-bit ARM SoCs.  That didn't use to be the case.