Re: BerkeleyLUG site/WordPress migrated!

Can safely ignore that.  As far as I'm aware:
o That only shows on the *old* site:
  https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com/
o That "issue"/warning can (probably) only be seen by
  >= Administrator (Administrator/Owner), and only on the control panel
o search engines are already told to go bugger off the old site:
$ curl https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com/robots.txt
Disallow: /

# This file was generated on Tue, 03 Sep 2019 00:02:23 +0000
$
  As we don't want 'em there, we want 'em on the canonical
  and new site location (but same URL):
  https://berkeleylug.com/
  https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com/ was never canonical
  (or not in a very very long time) and only HTTP 301 redirected
  to https://berkeleylug.com/ anyway (Possibly excepting some
  WordPress login/admin/etc. URL pathnames).
o As far as I can tell, it's just WordPress.com complaining that
  berkeleylug.com has been ripped out from under it (yes, no longer
  under WordPress.com's thumb/control
o As far as I can tell,  looks like Owner could probably remove
  berkeleylug.com from the WordPress.com configuration, but
  looks like Administrator access (which you and I have)
  is insufficient to do so ... and probably doesn't matter
  anyway and not worth hassling Owner (Jack) to tweak it
  just to make that warning go away - as far as I'm also
  aware, it's of zero "real" consequences.

We should probably totally drop berkeleylug.wordpress.com
at some point in the future (maybe a month or so from now?).
In the meantime it's still there "just in case" - e.g. if we find
we somehow missed pulling some content, or want to compare the old
content to that of current site for any reason(s).  And should
definitely drop it (and have Jack drop relevant bits) before
current (paid) plan is set to expire/renew - but as far as I can
tell that looks like sometime next year (though we could certainly
drop things sooner than that).  So ... also looks like probably
only myself, you, and Jack, are likely the only ones that could
even see that warning anyway.

Also not seeing warnings on current site/dashboard:
https://berkeleylug.com/
https://berkeleylug.com/wp-admin/

From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: BerkeleyLUG site/WordPress migrated!
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:37:54 -0700

Thanks, I'll have a look.  May be some vestigial warnings
due to the migration - I doubt there's (much of) anything
needing "real correction" on the DNS.

From: goossbears <acohen36@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 09:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 7:25:24 AM UTC-7, Michael Paoli wrote:

The BerkeleyLUG site:
https://berkeleylug.com/
has been migrated from WordPress.com hosting, to
being hosted on the BALUG host (virtual machine).
Things should mostly be as they were - differences should mostly be
cosmetic (and speed/availability - not a high availability host nor
hosting, nor high bandwidth).

The old site content may temporarily be accessible at:
https://berkeleylug.wordpress.com/
but looks like that's presently still redirecting - so
can't (yet) see there to compare, etc.

The warning "DNS configuration required" appears in the WordPress.com
management page.
Also, the message "*berkeleylug.com's* name server records need to be
configured. Learn more
<https://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-helper/?host=berkeleylug.com> "
also appears for the Domains
berkeleylug.com