(presumed/suspected) spambot Users removed: Re: BerkeleyLUG (website): Removing spambot Users ...

michaelpaoli says:
2019-10-22 AT 6:16 AM (-07:00 PDT US/Pacific)
And per
Removing spambot Users
https://berkeleylug.com/2019/09/19/removing-spambot-users/
The (presumed) spambot Users have been removed (per the earlier stated
selection criteria).

So ... we now have 6 "real" users on the (self-hosted WordPress)
web site.

And FYI, our Google Groups list, 77 to 139 "members", depending how
one counts:
139 grand total
131 if we subtract out those with status of "banned" (likely earlier
    so banned from posting inappropriate content (e.g. spambots)
130 if we also subtract one that currently has bouncing email
 77 if we also subtract those set to "no email" (one can be a member
    and set not to receive email notifications - e.g. can access and
    read (new) messages via web interface)

From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
Subject: BerkeleyLUG (website): Removing spambot Users - User action needed ...
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 08:19:10 -0700

BerkeleyLUG (website): Removing spambot Users
https://berkeleylug.com/2019/09/19/removing-spambot-users/

If you are a registered User on the web site (https://berkeleylug.com/)
you may want to pay attention to the above posting.  We'll be removing
(suspected) spambot accounts bit over a month from now.
In relevant part you may particularly want to pay attention to:

User action needed / how do I avoid getting my User account removed
along with the spambot accounts?:

o Looks like the spambots can't be bothered to set a First Name and/or
  Last Name on the profile of their account, so set a non-blank
  First Name and/or Last Name on your Profile Personal Options.
  https://berkeleylug.com/wp-admin/profile.php
o Be or become a subscriber to our BerkeleyLUG list (Google Groups).
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/berkeleylug
  For all email addresses subscribed to that list, for Users Registered
  https://berkeleylug.com/wp-login.php?action=register
  on our BerkeleyLUG web site where we have a matched email address,
  https://berkeleylug.com/
  we'll presume that user isn't a spambot and won't remove that
  registered User account in our spambot purging efforts (be sure your
  email addresses match - do you need to change/update for them to
  match?).
o Be grandfathered in (only applies to a very small number of Users) -
  if your account was already on the site before we migrated hosting
  (your account was created before 2019-08-30), we'll consider you
  grandfathered in and not a spambot - that's only these Username
  accounts:
    berkeleylugtransferred
    goossbears
    grantbow