Re Request for help Was: BerkeleyLUG (website): Removing spambot Users - User action needed ...

You were off topic. Next time compose a new email to berkeleylug@googlegroups.com

Anyways. There is a meeting this Sunday at the blue door Cafe from 11 to 2.
You are welcome to bring the machine.
But I have to say that data recovery is unlikely. If the OS can't see the drive then no commands can act on it. That said there are some tricks to get the drive to work a short while and data recovery is possible in that shirt window.

But bring the machine and some new drives and we can help you to reinstall Linux.

Thomas