Re: Berkeley Pi: Getting ready for next week.

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 6:50 PM tom r lopes <tomrlopes@gmail.com> wrote:
So I have been thinking about how to make the Pi get togethers better.

Also sorry about the delay getting the Berkeley Pi website up.  I wanted to get
WordPress working on a Pi 3.  I had trouble with getting the database setup and
decided to take a break.  But now I think I know what I was doing wrong.  So I'll
install Wordpress tomorrow if there is time.

Besides getting up your (Tom's) Berkeley Pi website up, and if there is sufficient
further interest, then what are all of your thoughts to better promote the group's
social media presence through possibly setting up and maintaining Tom's
Berkeley Pi group accounts, e.g., on Facebook, on Twitter (modeled after
twitter.com/berkeleylug ), on Mastodon/Fosstodon fosstodon.org/@berkeleylug
... etcetera ??
There are already the pair of Berkeley Pi group event-specific webpages that
Tom L and Peter M already set up; https://www.eventbrite.com/e/berkeley-raspberry-pi-jam-tickets-91996019571
and https://www.meetup.com/Raspberry-Pi-SF-Bay-Area/events/nnqnnrybcfbcb/

Yes, still regularly review Rick M's thoughts on such social media-like
essay topics as 'INOLJ-OOW2.0C (Is Not On LiveJournal Or Other Web 2.0 Cults)'
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/winolj.html as well as his overall review of
Meetup.com at http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/meetup.html

-A