Re: no in-person meeting, --> IRC: Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup next Sunday -- Thoughts on Cancellation?

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 6:46:21 PM UTC-7, Michael Paoli wrote:
No in-person meeting - the county has mandated that choice for us.

Yes, also received the Alameda County Shelter-in-Place Order Nixle alert at https://local.nixle.com/alert/7872558/ earlier today.
Am now viewing the KCBS-SF news story 'Coronavirus Shelter-In-Place: Residents In 6 Bay Area Counties Ordered To Stay Home' at https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/03/16/coronavirus-shelter-in-place-bay-area-residents-6-counties-ordered-stay-home/ that's going to affect all of us in approximately 4 1/2 hours from now.

I'd also note that even if there wasn't a shelter-in-place order and Cafe Blue Door remained open for business this upcoming Sunday, it still wouldn't be that advisable, I think, to hold the live BerkeleyLUG meetup there because (at minimum)...
- there are at least two "older adults" (i.e., those over 65yrs old) who have attended BerkeleyLUG meetups in the recent past at Cafe Blue Door and who are at high risk for getting very sick from COVID-19 -- see the the CDC's vulnerable populations release at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html which I linked-to up above in my original Sunday night posting
- there is still uncertainty whether or not at least one BerkeleyLUG meetup attendee may possibly be harboring COVID-19.
Quoting Thomas L from his Mar 15 ~9:45 PM posting in the mailing-list thread 'BALUG: meeting: Tu 2020-03-17 DNS: Dynamic Update...' :
> ... For myself I don't know if it is just hypochondria or what
> but I cough a little.  No fever or anything else but there are
> people carrying the virus with little or no symptoms.
> I went to work Friday but left without starting just in case
> I'm a carrier.

IRC - for those who wish, see:
https://berkeleylug.com/berkeleylug/
Some of us may meet on-line during the regular time slot - but no
in-person meeting.

Just wondering how the masses of Bay Area Internet users now essentially forced to go online from their "in-place" home residences will be negatively affecting overall baseband (or broadband) throughput/speed, if at all??
Thoughts and/or advice on that??

-A