Re: wondering how the masses of Bay Area Internet users ... online ... home ... affecting overall baseband (or broadband) throughput/speed

From: goossbears <acohen36@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: no in-person meeting, --> IRC: Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup next Sunday -- Thoughts on Cancellation?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 19:28:20 -0700 (PDT)

Just wondering how the masses of Bay Area Internet users now essentially
forced to go online from their "in-place" home residences will be
negatively affecting overall baseband (or broadband) throughput/speed, if
at all??
Thoughts and/or advice on that??

I did see an item, pretty darn sure I saw it on reddit - but don't seem
to be able to track it down now.  Anyway, it was an item on the changed
network traffic patterns.  Some more diligent and thorough searches on
there can probably turn it up (and/or from other sources).  As I recall,
at least approximately, in general:
o more of a shift from many major corporate networks & academic institutions
o more of a shift to "home" and similar networks (up about 20% I seem to
  recall ... but not more than many other similar, but shorter peaks often
  seen around various events
o (at least) most things are working okay, no major issues in terms of
  networks, connectivity, etc.
I think there were some other distinctions in the report, article, but
that's approximately what I recall of it.  I don't recall specific mention
of throughputs/speeds/latency - just more general traffic patterns mostly.