Re: Berkeley Pi:

Quoting tom r lopes (tomrlopes@gmail.com):

> Nice test of the Jitsi teleconference.  Though some people had trouble
> getting video working.

All over the world, many computer users who've never previously had
cause to debug their setups are spending most of their first
videoconference trying to figure out how to get their cameras going, or
to enable some microphone, or enable some sound device and adjust
volume, or how to cease introducing audio feedback, and so on.

It would be nice if they did this in a practice session before show
time, but human nature dictates that most people won't.

BTW, once a videoconference gets above a certain number of participants,
the odds that some unidentified participant will severely impair the
conference with an audio feedback loop approaches 100%.  This is a
sufficient reason why the conference moderator should generally set the
default to join with microphone muted.

(I always use earbuds, which ensures that I'm never that guy who wrecks
the session with feedback.  If not doing that, it's very strongly
suggested to keep one's microphone and speakers physically as far apart
as feasible.)