Re: Apres virtual meeting of Sunday the 14th

And ...
once the ISO is at hand on bootable media (USB, or DVD),
before even going about to install it, boot the 20.4 LTS in "live"
mode, and reasonably test it out - make sure it behaves at least
in general, adequately, on the hardware it's intended for.

Ubuntu - very much so, and to somewhat lesser extent, various
*buntu - the hardware requirements do keep creeping up, most notably
in terms of recommended minimum RAM, and also how well (or not) they'll
generally perform for a given amount of host RAM.
If the Ubuntu demands of 20.4 LTS are excessive for the hardware,
it's also possible that some other *buntu variant (it's same
Operating System, just a different Desktop Environment - at least
by default) may perform at least adequately/satisfactorily compared
to Ubuntu.

Note also, however, LTS ... for *buntu variants other
than Ubuntu itself, the LTS support lifetime may be somewhat
shorter (though those may have gotten equal or closer to equal
in more recent years? ... I'm not sure the latest on that, but
it is something to review and consider if deciding to go to
a non-Ubuntu *buntu variant).
E.g., quick peek comparing
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200423)
vs.
Kubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa"
looks like we have End of Standard Support/Supported Until dates
respectively of:
2025-04 and 2023-04

references/excerpts:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases