Re: BerkeleyLUG: Virtual meetup this Sunday 2020-08-09

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 1:19 PM Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> wrote:
Quoting tom r lopes (tomrlopes@gmail.com):

> Yes,
>
> Thank you Aaron for getting the message out.
>
> I'll be there.  Probably trying to get MythTV working in
> Virtualbox.  I have a couple old drives from when I used to
> run MythTv and I'm curious to see what I have on there.
> So my plan: install Ubuntu 20.04?  and  an old version of mythTv
> then try to import the database.

Presumably you know what you're doing,

 I disemble that remark!

If I'd let that stop me I'd still be on Windows.

Thomas
but I'd expect that a combination
of Ubuntu and MythTV would be just a bit heavy-weight for running in a VM.
(Not a reason against, really.)