Re: HP MFP m29w Scaning

Rick:

The model number is in the subject line. I'll look at the resources you suggested.

-- Chris Peeples --

On Saturday, August 8, 2020, 02:13:46 PM PDT, Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> wrote:

Quoting 'Christian Peeples' via BerkeleyLUG (berkeleylug@googlegroups.com):

>  Rick & Michael:
>
>  Thank you.

You're welcome -- but are you going to post the model number of this
scanner?

If you do, it's pretty easy to determine if and how it has Linux support
(via a SANE back-end, or worst case, via VueScan).  But if you never
tell us the model number, we can't help.

The implicit ulterior motive we of the Linux community have, in giving
such assistance (he says, confessing his dark aims) is to teach others
_how to solve that problem_ -- so that others, reading this mailing list
or searching for answers on the Web and finding this discussion, will
say 'Oh, I get it.  _That's_ how you determine how to enable and test
driver support for a scanner on a Linux distribution.'

We're waiting with antici...