Re: Light (hdd too) Distro for VirtualBox

Quoting Jason Marks (jymarks@sbcglobal.net):

> My current concern is to find a smaller Ubuntu based distro to install
> vscode on and be small enough ( my Mint was 52GB ) that I can *backup*
> more easily / readily.

Maybe you should consider the approach of paring down by removing what
you don't need.  But I have to say that the entire *buntu family is not
really where you go seeking 'svelte' (or for that matter, avoiding
complexity tangles).

Or you could do a custom reinstall, and simply omit a lot of stuff.

Or you could try:

Peppermint OS
elementary OS
Bodhi Linux
LXLE
Pearl Linux OS

Those are all relatively lightweight *buntu variants, most based on
Lubuntu.  But seriously, have you tried taking action during OS
installation and not just accepting the default kitchen sink?