Re: BerkeleyLUG Google Groups (list) - backup(s) & ... (possibly) migrate to ...

From: goossbears <acohen36@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: BerkeleyLUG Google Groups (list) - backup(s) & ... (possibly) migrate to ...
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 22:29:49 -0700 (PDT)

Chris and others,
From what I've been reading on other mailing lists, not all is
sweet-smelling roses as far as migrating mailing-list(s) to Mailman using
Yahoo.com addresses.
A big thorn with using Yahoo.com is its "DMARC badness" as Rick put it in
his conspire mailing-list post '(forw) [skeptic] me.com is shooting Skeptic
subscribers in the foot w/DMARC (was: I have questions...)' at
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2021-April/011582.html

DKIM/DMARC "badness" is an issue for lists, be it Mailman, or even
Google Groups! ... as [Pi.]BerkeleyLUG is presently using.
Modern lists generally kludge around that ... because, though not
pretty, that's effective, and there really isn't a better solution
for that "badness".   E.g. @yahoo.com which has a quite strict policy
on DKIM.  So, e.g. even Google Groups has to kludge around that: