Dan Mead on 4 Jun 2010 02:42:08 -0700

Re: Philly Lambda Charter / Splintering, was Re: Scala in Philly?

there just aren't enough programmers in the area that want to come out
and talk about programming

the more specific a group, the less people you'll get for sure

so that means any language specific group would have much less of an
attendance record than philly lambda or plug.

but, if you're just itching to start a group that's fine, but
specificity with technology groups can't be a good idea and should not
be encouraged.