Aaron Feng on 18 Apr 2012 18:33:09 -0700

Re: anyone going to startup weekend?

Oh. Forgot scalathon:
http://scalathon.org/2012/

Aaron

On Apr 18, 2012, at 9:24 PM, Brad Oyler <bradoyler@gmail.com> wrote:

Aaron: I was wondering if you could suggest some "hardcore" tech events. Need me some hardcore.
- Brad

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Aaron Feng <aaron.feng@gmail.com> wrote:
Dustin,

> "Startup Weekend is an intense 54 hour event which focuses on building a web
> or mobile application which could form the basis of a credible business over
> the course of a weekend. The weekend brings together people with different
> skillsets - primarily software developers, graphics designers and business
> people - to build applications and develop a commercial case around them.
> Location: Hamilton Hall, Uarts"

There's usually a shortage of designers, but with abundance of biz
(Wharton MBA).

> anyone go to this before? is it a good tech event, or is it a mediocre

I went to the first one in Philly, and it was fun.  This is no
hardcore tech event, but more about getting the idea out there.

> recruiter thing, or is it amateur hour, what sorts of people show up?

Lots of biz :)  I hope it's more balanced this year.

Aaron

--
Brad Oyler | http://about.me/bradoyler